Thursday 9 February 2012

Add a bit of sparkle to your life!!!

I absolutely love edible glitter and think that a light dusting of it elevates any baked item to a new level of glamour (indeed a lot of the children who eat my cakes and macarons seem to lick Christmas cards the first time they receive them!)

We are a house of crème brûlée lovers and I know it's naughty, but I always used to throw the egg whites away because I didn't fancy making loads of meringue.  Then I decided to try making macarons.  I'm spelling them with one 'o' to be clear that I'm taking about the French almond and egg white confections with the cute frilly feet and custardy filling and not the Scottish almond biscuits.Having never tasting them before, I'm hooked with making them and always sprinkle them after piping.   For some reason, madam will only eat them if they're pink and states 'Papa doesn't like pink macarons.  He only likes brown macarons.  Only I like pink macarons so no one else can eat them'.  She's probably wrong though, because the raspberry filling is really quite tasty!



No comments:

Post a Comment